The guidelines for this award are straightforward.
- Thank the blogger(s) that nominated you in the post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 8-11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your post and/or in your blog
I was nominated for this award by Yes More Blogs.
Definitely check out his blog. He is a CHARACTER and is constantly engaging other bloggers and commenters. His content is solid and a pleasure to read. He is also a MACHINE; and is consistently keeping his blog current and fresh.
So without further adieu, I believe I owe you all some answers:
- Short or long chapters?
I like a variety. It really bugs me when authors drag chapters on and on for no better reason than… what? I have no idea. It seems pointless. Don’t be afraid to say what you want to say and move on.
- Favourite reading spot?
I’m most often reading on the couch. That being said, my FAVORITE reading spot is probably on the patio of some restaurant, munching on lunch while reading. I like sitting in the sun, or at least having the sun around me.
- Best bookish moment?
This is a tricky question. I’m not sure if it’s my BEST bookish moment, but I always love when I’m reading a series and finish a book, then promptly realize the next book in the series is available and ready to read. I hate it when I have to wait to continue a story (I’m looking at you, Patrick Rothfuss).
- Most books by one author?
Gee whiz. Honestly? I’m not going to take the time to count. I know I’ve read over 18 books by David Eddings. More than 15 in the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. I think there’s 15 books in Part 1 of Ryk Brown’s Frontiers Saga. I really couldn’t guess how many Stephen King books I’ve read. So… right now it looks like 18 is the top end, but I wouldn’t bet any money on that.
- Bookshop or online?
I love the idea of a bookshop, and even volunteer in one(!), but the vast majority of books I buy are digital. For me, convenience trumps everything except price. If I can find a used copy of the book I want for a few bucks (or less!) than I’m in.
- Bookmarks or page fold?
BOOKMARKS! What the hell is wrong with you?
- Library or buy the book?
I’ve always purchased books, but now that I can borrow from the library digitally I’m trying that out. I’m not a patient individual, so waiting 4+ weeks to borrow is a challenge for me.
- Let people borrow or guard with your life?
Physical copies: borrow away! Unless it’s signed, then it’s a whole lot of nope.
- Favourite book of all time?
I honestly have no idea. I’ve read so many books, so many times, I couldn’t even begin to answer this question.
- Best book to movie adaptation?
This question threw me for a loop. At first, my initial response was… none? But then I started doing some googling and remembered a lot of things Id forgotten. Harry Potter was awesome. The Fellowship of the Rings was also great. Shawshank Redemption was freaking incredible (did you know it was based on a Stephen King novella? The 1971 Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was great. The Martian did a really good job! There. All those are the best.
Okay, so here are 10 questions for my upcoming nominees. Since I’m in a ridiculous mood, my questions will reflect as such:
- Have you ever lied to someone on the internet because you were anonymous?
- Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
- If you could eliminate one letter of the alphabet what would it be?
- Jello or pudding? Follow up: Why is the answer Jello?
- Favorite word in the Queen’s English?
- What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever received in the mail?
- What’s your favorite “breakfast-for-dinner” meal?
- What is your nightmare vacation (ie. worst vacation ever)?
- If money wasn’t a factor, what would you do with all your time?
- Why do you believe The Way of Jello offers the one true path to enlightenment and peace?
Yes More Blogs (can I nominate someone who nominated me?)
That’s it! Serve over ice and enjoy.
Living the Dream,